Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's Been a While....

I am so sorry it has been such a long time since i have updated this blog! A few weeks ago, somehow between my going online during Jackson's nap and Scott coming home from work our internet stopped working. We tried everything we could think of to fix it before having to go to any drastic measures. But after all the advice from every person we know and still nothing working, we finally bit the bullet and killed our computer. We had to do a system restore and put it back to factory settings. Unfortunately these factory settings are from 2005, so we have A LOT of updating to do, including reinstalling lots of software. But the good news is that we now have internet again and didn't have to buy a new computer to get it (as much as we would have loved a beautiful new Mac, with the holidays here, our wallets couldn't swing it- bummer). With no internet for weeks I was about to loose my mind. I finally made Scott set up his work computer at home in the evenings so I could at least check my email. I was going crazy thinking of all that I was missing- yes I have now realized how addicted I am to this darn thing! But *phew* we are back. And the plus side to this whole mess, is that it forced us to back everything up on disc. We didn't end up loosing any pictures or documents during our kill, but if we hadn't backed anything up I am sure we would have. That is just how things go!

No comments: