Friday, December 5, 2008

Snow is C-o-l-d But So Much Fun!

When purchasing Jackson's winter coat this year, I went ahead and picked up a pair of snow pants for him as well. That and the brand new boots from Grammy (thank you so much!) and his hat and mittens from Mimi, Jackson was all set for a fun (and warm!) time outside. Since it was a touch warmer outside I decided to try everything out and have his very first experience of playing in the snow! As I was bundeling him up in all of the layers I couldn't help but think of the scene from one of my favorite Christmas movies, The Christmas Story. The part I am refering to is when the mom spends forever getting Alfie all dressed up in his "gear" just for him to tell her he has to go to the bathroom "really bad". Made me giggle, and for once be thankful for diapers.


As soon as we were outside Jackson was right there in it. He couldn't wait to finally touch and walk in this stuff called snow. He definately loved it right away- except that it kept sticking to his favorite mittens. I must have had to brush them off a hundred times until I showed him how to clap his hands to make the snow fall off!


Since we were playing outside Jackson was determined to have all of his outside toys to play with, and was even more determined that they would work just as well in the snow as they do in the grass. This led to a little bit of frustration when his dumptruck couldn't make it over the snow mounds. But once I showed him that snow could be made into balls this made everything cool again. We had to make "Papa Snowballs" and "Baby Snowballs", Daddy ones and Mommy ones too. And then we threw them down our hill and watched them roll to the bottom. This provided tons of excitment! They not only roll, but make paths when they do it too- so cool!


Next bit of fun, Jackson helped me make his very first snowman. Jackson collected all the stones and the pinecone for his face, while I went to work creating the body. I realized this was my first snowman, probably since middleschool times. I decided shame on me, and promised that I would make a new snowman every year from now on. And now I have a fun little helper. I had to make a little guy, because it was getting cold and Jackson was getting impatient. But once he was finished Jackson couldn't stop laughing and looking at him.

The only thing he didn't like was that I used the forbidden "Caca Berries" for his hair. Here I go telling Jackson for months not to touch the Caca berries, just to go and use them on our snowman. Not wise Mommy! But it's ok, I got a telling to and I will never use them again. Promise.

Now the snow has all melted and Jackson can't figure out what happened to our "Guy" (this is what he has named him). We told him that he must have gone on a walk, since melting ment nothing to him. Now I just get asked "Guy back Mommy?". Nope not yet. But we will definately make him a friend to come home to once we have snow again!

No comments: