Monday, February 28, 2011

What Every Mom Dreams to Hear from her Children

The other evening while I was giving Owen his bath, Jackson came into the bathroom to chit chat with us.  He was talking to Owen and making him laugh, telling him all the things he will be able to do soon. "Owen when you are bigger you will be able to play with all my bath toys.  I'll share with you.  And Owen, when you get bigger we can take baths together.  It is fun to and swim and play.  And when you get bigger we can scoop and dump...."  And then he turns to me and says "Mommy pretty soon Owen is going to be my new best friend."


My heart melted right then and there.  And as my eyes were welling up, I scooped Jackson up in my arms and gave him a huge hug and kiss.  I am so proud of the big brother he already is to Owen, how he cares and loves him- even though he is too little to do much back.  I am so excited to watch their bond of brotherhood grow and develop in the years to come!

*sigh* life is good.  

No comments: