Sunday, April 15, 2007

Mom & Dad's Big Night Out!

Last night my parents had their first babysitting experience with our little Jackson-- the new Mommy and Daddy were going out on their first date since their baby was born! It was so exciting!

Scott's boss at work, for a job well done, gave each of his team a gift certificate for a very nice night out at the restaurant of their choice. We decided this was the perfect time to cash it in! We chose to go to The Melting Pot, which is a very cool, very fancy, Fondue Restaurant.

As excited as I was I have to admit I felt a bit sad and a bit nervous about leaving him. I knew he was in the best possible hands; my parents are amazing with children. But Jackson hasn't been away from my side for 7 1/2 weeks. Driving over to my parents’ house, I even had a bit of an upset stomach! I planed it so when we got there I could feed him and it was time to go. I got a bit teary eyed thinking of leaving him, but once we got on the highway I started feeling much better. It was time for a fun night out as adults!

We got to the restaurant a little early and enjoyed a drink at the bar (I had an amazing grape martini- yummm!). Then the servers took us to the most wonderful table. It was private and quite romantic, I’d like to add :) The food was so delicious- we highly recommend checking this restaurant out if you want to try something fun and different.

After dinner we wandered around Legacy Village a bit and then headed home to pick up our little man. The night was perfect and we decided it was something we needed to be sure to do more of (plus I doubt the grandparents or Auntie Bonnie and Uncle Neil would protest time with the prince!)

No comments: