Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Mommy

This weekend I celebrated my 29th birthday- wow, time flies! Hard to believe that I am that grown up already :) The morning of my birthday Jackson woke us up nice and early because he was so excited to give me my birthday gifts. And they were very cool at that! Jackson got me some awesome kitchen stuff- a cool knife sharpener for my Santouko, a new red spoonula (I use my old one constantly and it is getting beat) and also the new Cat Cora cookbook. She is one of my favorite chefs on Iron Chef America on Food Network and her recipes are so cool. I can't wait to try them out! In her book Cat was talking about her 8month old son. She said that she wants to encourage his pallet so he will be open to new tastes as he grows. She puts cinnamon and nutmeg into his cereal in the morning. I thought I would give it a try and added it to Jackson's oatmeal. He loved it! This might be a good trick to get him to eat his squash too...hmmmmm.

Then in the afternoon I went to the salon for some pampering. I got a fun new haircut and also highlights. They turned out so pretty! I haven't colored my hair since my wedding- so I was wayyyyyyyyyy overdue. Plus the fact that Jackson turned my hair brown when I had him, I have been dying to get some dimension to it! It was a wonderful relaxing way to spend my afternoon.

That night we dropped Jackson off at Sandy and Don's so he could get Grammy and Pop time and Mommy and Daddy could go hang out with Bonnie and Neil without having to worry about trying to get him to bed (he doesn't really like to sleep at their house- too much fun going on there!) Bonnie made a yummy bruscetta and we got this delicious bbq for dinner. We decided to have our own wine tasting at home instead of going out and got to try some really great wines (a few not so good ones too, but that is part of the fun!) Bonnie and Neil also got me an adorable apron and this super cool necklace. It is called "Teething Bling". Babies who like to tug on mommies’ jewelry inspired teething Bling. It is made from the same material as many teething toys so it is safe for curious babies to handle and chew. Plus it is super cute looking too. I love it! And I am sure Jackson will too! No more worries about beads going flying! I have added their website to my "Favorite Links" page if any of you are interested in them.
Thanks again Bonnie and Neil, it was such a fun night!

On Thursday Jackson is having his very first sleepover away from Mommy and Daddy. For my birthday Scott got me tickets to go see one of my favorite musicians, Patty Griffin. She is touring with Emmylou Harris, Shawn Colvin and Buddy Miller so it will be an outstanding concert. We can't wait! To make it even better the concert is at Playhouse Square, so we are doing dinner before hand at the Hanna Building. It should be a very special night. I hope Jackson will have fun too being a big boy! I will be sure to tell you all about it after we get back.

No comments: