Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Jackson Goes to Bed Like a Big Boy Now!

We didn't want to say anything about this in the worry that we would jinx it- but since it has been going on since February, I think we can finally talk about it outloud...

Jackson goes to bed like a big boy now! YAYAYAYAYAY! Ever since he was born we couldn't just lay him down in his bed while he was awake- we had to bounce him quietly until it put him to sleep. He was a FIGHTER too! Sometimes it would take up to an hour for him to finally give in to sleep. This prooved to be frustrating on all of us! I would read in my books and magazines how you need to lay them down awake so they can learn how to put themselves to sleep. We always thought "Yeah Right!" How is that even possible?! He would scream and cry and fight and drive us all crazy. Finally Scott and I decided that we were going to try letting him "Cry It Out". I was never a huge fan of this, but it has worked for friends of ours so to make it easier in the long run we would give it a shot. We were going to try it the next night.

Well guess what- the next night after giving Jackson his bottle he was squirming in my arms like he was having a hard time getting comfortable, so I thought...hmmmm, I am just going to give this a try and see what happens. I kissed his face, told him we loved him and Jesus loved him, covered him up with his blanket and said good night and walked out the room. He babbled for about 5 minutes and then was sound asleep. Each night we would do this, every time expecting to get the screams that we would get in the past- but they never came. Can I just say how wonderful this is! No more stressful nights, no more frustrations of me and Scott having to take turns getting him to go to sleep. Jackson is a big boy now and we all like it better this way! Good job little man!

No comments: