Friday, August 8, 2008

Where's Jackson's Belly? *updated with more words*

Jackson did the cutest thing a few weeks ago. I just about died from cuteness overload.....

Jackson was walking around the house eating Cherios and playing. When all of a sudden he didn't want them anymore and he threw his handful all over the floor. I said "Oh no Jackson. We don't throw food! Pick them up, put them in your belly." So he walks over to them, picks the Cherios up, pulls up his shirt and sticks them in his bellybutton. Just like I told him. Literally :) Too cute!

So the last time I posted a word list it was back in May. Since then the words are coming faster and more frequent. We have a new one almost every day. Here is an updated list (that I am sure I will have to add too as I think of more.)

Mama
Daddy (sometimes he will call Scott Dada, but not too often anymore)
Papa (this is my dad)
Mimi (this is my mom)
Bon Bon (Auntie Bonnie)
Anna
AhEee (I think this is Sophie. He says this when he sees a picture of her or sees her in person)
Pop (this is what he calls Don)
GiGi (this is what he calls Irene, Don's mom and also he used to call my grandmother this)
Isss (Memphis, our cat)
Ra Ra (Ringo, our other cat)
Pup (for Alex, Bonnie and Neil's dog. Everyone calls him this so Jackson picked this up instead of his real name)
Hop (this is Jackson's stuffed bunny)
Tag (this is Jackson's beloved blue blanket that you have seen in many of his pictures)
Cocoa (This is my old teddy bear that I had as a child. Jackson now plays with it.)
Pete (this is our next door neighbor. For some reason he picked up on his name and says it whenever he sees him or if we are outside by his house!)
Abby (Grammy and Pop's kitty)
Jesus

cheese
cracker
bottle

hata(hotdog)
peas
cracker

WaWa and as of lately he says Water too.
bite (as in "I want a bite")
bowboo (blueberry)
peach
Puff (these are airey snacks from Gerber's called Puff's)
cooka (cookie)

ball (definately Jackson's favorite word or thing!)
buh ball (football)
shoe
sock

sta (star)
tractor
pane (airplane)
aside (outside)
puter (computer- he just said this for the first time this morning!)
gol (golf. He has a set of golf clubs and balls, and knows what they are called)
block
keys

bah-oo (balloon)
cock (yes, we know what you are thinking... But this word means Clock!)

Poop and Pee Pee (he tells us when he has done both of these- especially Poop! Lucky us. Pretty soon we will have to get a potty chair for him to start looking at and getting used to!)
Pee Pee (this also means his little "boy part" He likes to point it out to us while changing his diaper or in the bathtub or when running around naked!)

itty (kitty)
bir (bird)
fish
bee
baah (he says this for both lamb and cow)
dee (deer)
E-I-E-I-O (he sings this when his Baby McDonald is on)
buffalo (Grammy and Pop brought him a stuffed buffalo home from their trip to South Dakota and he learned the word right away)
Pooh (Winnie the Pooh)

Tada!
All Gah! (all gone. This is Jackson's first two word sentence!)
All Dah! (all done)
Mah (More)
Bye Bye!
Hi!
Night Night

This/ Look at This/ What's This (uses these three a lot. Each distinctively sound different. Seems to know the difference)
Yes (When you ask him if he wants something he says "Yes Yes Yes!")
Ah-oh! (He says this when something falls, or he drops something, when a show is over and the credits are on, etc.)
caca (this means yucky. He learned this word from Auntie Bon Bon)

beads(the kids have these Mardi Gras beads they like to wear to play dress up)
baby
book
box

sha (show, as in a movie. We call his Baby Einstein movie's "shows")
puddle (puzzle)
Awww (this is what we call hugs in our house)
boo boo (this is all bruises, cuts, etc.)
teacha (teacher. He learned this word from the book Brown Bear, Brown Bear. The teacher page is his favorite- go figure!))
cork

too ha (toothbrush. This is one of his other new words. Yes we know this seems like a strange word to learn. But him and Sophie are obsessed with toothbrushes and brushing their teeth. I guess there are worse things!)

Blue (for Blue's Clue's, the TV show. It is Jackson's favorite and he will ask for it by name)

Blue Book (his Blue's Clue's book)

So, so far this is 82 words! You go little man, that is amazing! I want to say that this is all of them, but I am sure I am leaving something out! I will add more if I think of any. Also, if anyone else can think of any, be sure to let me know and I will add them too!

No comments: