Thursday, July 22, 2010

23 week Doctor's Appointment

I had my monthly Owen check up today, so I brought my favorite big Brother along with me so he could hear his little brother's heartbeat again.  Oh how excited he got when he heard it!  He immediately jumped right off of his chair and came next to me on the doctor's table with a huge grin across his face.  It was awesome.  I love that I can bring Jackson to these appointments.  It really connects him to his little brother in a whole new way.  Plus he is such a good boy!  He sits so nice, eating his animal crackers and never interrupts the nurses or the doctor when they are talking.  He is even answering them now when they talk to him (our sweet shy boy!)  He loves looking at the bulletin boards they have in the hallways full of pictures of the babies delivered by their doctor's; always asking if Owen will be there when he is born.  He did tell me today though that he doesn't want to ever have to go pee-pee in a cup.  "Mommy, I really don't want to!"  Made me smile. Oh the things that bother them....

Owen's heartbeat was fast and strong at 147, right where it has been pretty much throughout the pregnancy.  This was so cool- as soon as the nurse found Owen's heartbeat he must not have liked the pressure she was putting on him with the doppler so he pushed right back.  She could feel him moving and pushing her hand away the whole time.  Baby Owen is getting so strong!  With each of her pushes he was doing two right back at her, you could just imagine him saying "Hey!  Cut that out already!"

We got the results to all of my tests, and everything is perfect and normal, so that is a relief.  I go back in about two weeks for my glucose intolerance test where I get to drink that flat orange pop again. I am not worried, I didn't have any issues with gestational diabetes with Jackson, so I will probably be fine again this time.  But we shall see.  Fingers crossed.  Other then that, pretty quick appointment.  I go back in 4 weeks on August 19th for our next one.

Goodness, this pregnancy is moving so fast.  I can hardly believe it.  Next week is an important milestone for Owen.  If something were to happen and I were go into labor, he would be able to survive outside of the womb!  It is always somewhat of a relief hitting this point in pregnancy.

Littlest Man is now about as long as an ear of corn *grin*

"A mother's body remembers her babies-the folds of soft flesh, the softly furred scalp against her nose. Each child has it's own entreaties to body and soul."— Barbara Kingsolver

No comments: