Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Apple Picking with our Friends, Miss Aud-ree-aan and Nate

A few weeks ago my best friend Adrianne asked if Jackson and I would like to go along with her son, Nathan's PTA to Pick N-Save Apple Orchard.  Of course I jumped at the opportunity.  The boys are so cute together and Jackson just love's Miss Aud-ree-aan :)

 It was such a fun morning.  It was super chilly, but a perfect day for such an autumn activity.  

This was the tractor that took us on a ride throughout the orchard.  Jackson told me he was going to drive this tractor one day.  He LOVED it!

Adrianne, Nate and Jackson on the hayride.  

See, look at that sky- a perfect fall day!

The kids learned all about bee keeping, and two lucky little ones got to try on the hats :)

Me and Little Man.  It was really sunny!

Not only did they have bees, but also chickens and a beautiful horse.  The kids got to touch a nice warm just-laid egg, and even pet a chicken.  I think Jackson touched her with one finger and then jumped away.  I told him how I had chicken's at Mimi and Papa's when I was a little kid, just like this.  He thought is was pretty cool.  Seeing these ladies and all the farm fresh eggs made me want to keep chickens myself one day.  I wonder if they allow it in Broadview Heights.....


After all the apple-picking, animal petting and hayrides it was time to refuel with some just pressed apple cider and doughnuts.  Jackson and I also had to gobble up one of the apples we picked only a few moments ago.  Oh my goodness, it was delicious!! 

This was such a fun day- thank you again Adrianne for inviting us along.  We had a blast!  This was a wonderful apple farm, if you are looking for a nice place to do some picking.  I will definitely be frequenting it in the years to come!  

No comments: