Monday, November 1, 2010

12 Days Left and Counting..... (!!!)

Yep, that is LESS THEN TWO WEEKS!!!! Whhhhheeeeeeeeee! I honestly can't believe it. I am sorry it has been so long since my last update. This past month has been like a revisit of the first trimester- I am super-duper tired, no desire to cook, heartburn is in full swing and nausea keeps dropping by. Not fun, and just making me not in the mood to write much. Plus I am trying to do as much as I can with Little Man before he is no longer the absolute ruler of the house. He is in for some BIG changes! You all understand, right?

But honestly, my "aches and pains" are really not that bad. I feel good over all, just mainly getting super anxious. I go from being super giddy and excited about the thought and process of going into labor naturally, and meeting our Owen for the first time. And then my fears and nerves get ahold of me and I get weepy and think of all the "ouchies" and other not-so-nice parts of the delivery process. But God blessed me with the perfect husband. He has such a way of calming my fears, boosting me up, and reminding me that I can do this- WE can do this. I am so thankful for my wonderfully amazing Scottie. He always keeps me strong and focused... I could actually cry if I think about it too much. My cup is truly overflowing.


OK.... so enough mushy stuff :) Here is where we are standing right now (as of my last few appointments) As you remember I have been measuring 2-2 1/2 weeks ahead with my Fundal Height for a while now. Because of that, Dr. O'Neill was a bit concerned that we either had a really big baby or maybe there was too much amniotic fluid. So she sent my for another ultrasound just to check things out. I had a feeling that everything is just fine (I carried Jackson 2 weeks larger too the entire pregnancy) I am just small in the torso so the babies have no where else to go but OUT. But I am not going to argue over a chance to glimpse at our Owen again before he makes his big entrance! Wow, it is amazing how scrunched up he is and still able to live inside my tummy! At our last ultrasound we could see each part of him, clearly and distinctly. Now it was even hard to decifer a profile! All we saw was a big baby! But not too big, thank goodness. My suspicions were right. If the ultrasound tech was correct (these are not always 100% accurate) , Owen is weighing in at 6 lbs 10 oz- right where he should be at the 50 percentile. From that point on though, we can count on him gaining roughly a half an ounce a day until delivery. This was 2 weeks ago. I am guessing he will be about 7.5 lbs once he is born, but we shall see!

My fundal height also seems to be slowing down and catching up with itself now that Owen is dropping lower and lower. Last week I measured in at 38 weeks and I was 37.5. So there was really no need for any concern (just as I suspected- a mother always "knows", doesn't she?) Other then that everything is exactly as it should be. Now we just wait. And wait. And wait. I think this is the hardest part of all.

No comments: