Sunday, November 13, 2011

Jackson the Preschooler!


I am so proud of my little man.  He has taken to school in the most wonderfully amazing way.  He loves it. Loves it (almost) as much as he loves Super Hero's.  Ok, maybe not that much- but goodness, it is pretty close!  He is learning so much and is so, so proud of his new accomplishments.  The alphabet letters that we have been struggling with for the past two years are now so easy, like this whole time he has been playing a trick on me and actually knew them all.  


This past monday I got to attend my very first Parent-Teacher Conference.  I have to admit it, I was so excited.  I knew he was doing well; after the first week of school he now tells me everything he does over the course of a school day (with hardly any prodding!) But I was looking forward to getting a little inside scoop on how he actually carries himself in school.  Is he polite?  Does he ever talk to the other kids? Does he help his other classmates and is he good at sharing?  I know what to expect when I am around, but it means something entirely different when he is in a room full of people.  Our little gabber jaws at home is very quiet and reserved in large groups.  Ands his teacher confirmed that Yep, he is like that at school too.  But although he is quite and an observer, he's got the smarts.  He is already in the head of his class when it comes to gross motor development.  Jackson has a perfect hop, skip and jump (Hey Mom, remember Bonnie with this one?!  hahahahaha) and his teacher said that in all of her years teaching she has never taught a 4 year old child that can color and stay in the lines like Jackson can.  They are amazed at his ability to sit still and the patience to get his pictures "just right". We are beginning to notice he may have a love for art just like his mommy.  So cool.

Jackson is growing in leaps and bounds and we are just loving seeing these exciting new developments.  This is a whole new stage in life for all of us- but it is 100% a great one! 

No comments: