Even though I haven't been good about blogging here, I still have been keeping track of all of Owen's "First's". Not sure why I didn't just jot them down here... I guess when I "blog" I want to be able to write something substantial. But sometimes I just have a little to say and then it never gets said. So here I am turing over a new leaf. I will write here more, if even just a small update. So here is what you missed....
7 Months -
What a difference a month makes!
What a difference a month makes!
- June 12th SO close to crawling! He's got the army-move down pat. And the past few days he gets up to his hands and knees and then doesn't know what to do from there... until he lunges himself forward onto his face.
- Learned how to Crawl on Sunday, June 19th, Father's Day, perfected it the next morning and immediately was On. The. Move.
- First Word (Mama) the following Tuesday, June 21st. We have a 1st word!! During dinner, I just couldn't get Owen's dinner in his mouth fast enough. Impatiently Owen, very clearly says loudly "Ma Ma!" We all were shocked and squealed. About 5 minutes later he said it again! What an amazing week this has been for Little O- crawling, 1st haircut, and 1st word- all within 3 days of each other. So exciting!
- First Haircut, also on Tuesday, June 21st. Needless to say this week put me in a tizzy. I was a wreck. I lost my "baby" this week. He went from laying on his back with spiky, crazy black hair- to crawling, "talking" and being completely blond with a crew cut. He looked so different I admit it, I was super sad and emotional. It was one of those bittersweet moments as a mommy. Excited to see your children growing up, but yet not quite ready for so much at one time. He hasn't had a haircut since.... although he needs it.
- June 30th can now sit up independantly (meaning he can go from laying or crawling to sitting up on his own without help. He is also enjoying Cherios, puffs and all that good stuff. He definitely prefers chunkier food then purees. I just can't get over all the milestones he has hit in just the past week!!
- Owen is SO BIG! He loves this game. You ask him "How big is Owen?" he then proceeds to throw his hands in the air and then claps at himself , so proud. Absolutely a-d-o-r-e-a-b-l-e. He also loves to show off by playing peek-a-boo and pat-e-cake. When he gets on a roll he will go from one trick to the next to the next, laughing and smiling and clapping at his accomplishments.
- August 19th Separation Anxiety has kicked in FULL FORCE. I can not even walk out of the room without Owen screaming and crying until I come back and pick him up. And if he had his way completely, I would never put him down. Once I am holding him, if I set him on the floor the screaming resumes. I don't remember it this bad with Jackson. It is also to the point that he will crawl away from me out of the room, but if he turns back to look at me and I'm not there behind him, he screams. I've been using my sling a lot, except he is 9 months old and not the lightest little guy anymore (20+ lbs) Even with the sling, my back needs a break from holding him every now and then. The crying is just wearing on my nerves. He was NEVER a crier before. This is all so weird for him. I sure hope this is a faze.
- We've got a cruiser! It didn't seem to take him long to figure out how to cruising furniture. Once he got the hang of it he is all over the place.
- at 10 months 5 days old he got his first tooth!! He is crawling everywhere, cruising furniture with a purpose- and fast! He can stand up on his own, and boy is he proud! But not quite walking independently yet. He can say Mama, Dada, Baba (for bottle and he says it for food in general) and More (sounds like Mah) while either clapping or hitting the table if the food isn't coming fast enough! lol.
- He is definitely not into baby food anymore. Totally preferring table food, his favorites being pasta, brown rice, cheese toast, bananas, beans of any kind- especially baked beans, vegetable stew, Israeli Couscous and his absolute favorite- polenta! This boy likes food with flavor! Not crazy about applesauce, but if I sprinkle a little cinnamon on it he gobbles it right up!
- October 6 so little Owen has a crazy rash of some sort. Worrying myself to death thinking it is rebella or measels. So not happy considering I am a mother who regularly vaccinates their children and out of no fault of my own Owen is suffering (he is too young for the vaccination). UPDATE: well it turns out Owen is allergic to the flu shot!! Weird, huh?! He has a really bad case of hives. So nothing too serious but he will probably never be able to get the flu shot ever again. At least it is nothing serious or contagious though!
- October 11 feeling burnt out today. It has just been a long two weeks for us. Me fighting migraines and a chronic sinus infection (which may be a huge cause of my headaches these days). Add to that Owen getting two new teeth, fever and fussiness from shots and an allergic reaction to the flu shot. He is not sleeping well or eating well and fusses almost constantly. It's been a long few days and i just could use a break. Oh how I hate being a downer. Sorry guys.
- October 17 And we have a walker!!!! After two weeks of Owen taking 3-4 steps and then falling on his butt, last night he figured it out and now he can't stop! The proud look on his face is so cute. Love him!
- Now that Owen has learned how to walk, that is his most favorite thing in the whole wide world to do. He just loves walking from one room to the next, looking at stuff, bending down to pick up a toy and proceeding on his way into the next room of the house needing exploration. He babbles nonstop and has developed a FULL set of lungs. No more quiet baby, that's for sure. Owen has stuff to say and wants to make sure you hear it loud and clear!! He also seems to have turned into a bit of a screamer. I think it has to do with the fact that he is learning so much and has so much he wants to communicate with us, but yet doesn't have a whole lot of words to say it all. He gets frustrated and in turn screams to make himself noticed and heard. We are all hoping the screaming faze will be on its way out once new words are on their way in. The separation anxiety isn't as intense as it was. He still loves to be held and has his times of day when that is all he wants (thank you again Leanne for the sling. It is getting a work out for sure with this one!!) But now that he can walk he has more fun being on the loose, so to say.
- Owen loves to point. It is his new favorite thing! You scoop him up in your arms and immediately there is 100 things he wants to show you, pointing from one thing to the next "asking" what it all is. Everything is exciting and interesting and he wants to learn it all.
- Owen's Words so far: Mama, Dada, Baba (bottle and food in general), More (sounds like Mah. He also still bangs his tray when he is ready for more too. We have a little caveman! haha), A-Da (he says this when he is asking what something is. He says A-Da and then points at the thing in question. Be sure you answer him or he will keep asking only it gets louder each time!), he said "kitty" once but hasn't repeated it again, can't really count it yet....
So there you go! I think I have finally caught you all back up to speed on our Little O. Next is the Big Man on Campus, Mr. Jackson.... hold tight!