Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Sick.


What in the world? I thought we all shook this thing a week ago, but it is back. I have had a horrible stomach ache and nausea since yesterday afternoon, but had to quickly forget about it so I could take care Jackson. The poor little guy has been throwing up all night long- just about every hour or if lucky, two. This was the first time I ever had to spend the night sleeping on his floor so I could help him. Watching my baby wreathe in pain with dry heaves is not something I ever want to see again. His tiny little body shaking from the violent heaves his stomach was throwing on him. And each time, in a little voice he would say to me "Mommy, I don't like this. Why do I have to be sick?"  I wish I had a good enough answer for you my sweet boy.  Instead I would rub his back, kiss his forehead, and give him sips of water.

It was a night of constant bedding changes....over and over and over- unfortunately the bathroom is so far away from his bedroom he would never make it in time.  So puking on his bed was the best option.  Yuck, I know.  But I got a system of towels, that made it not nearly as bad.

And after the hard work his body put him through, he was back to sleep in minutes.  I on the other hand laid on the floor, in my makeshift bed and tried to quiet the thoughts in my head.  I would pray, sing praise songs, and just try and get my eyes to sleep for I knew in just a short time we would be doing it all over again.  19 times to be exact.  Wow, what a long night and now a long day for a mommy needing to care for a sick little boy, myself and a baby.

At 6 am it seemed impossible. I am embarrassed that I was crying to Scott about him leaving me for work.  I asked (ok, maybe begged for him to stay home).  At that hour after being up all night, I couldn't imagine being able to care for my Littles, plus do all the cleaning and disinfecting my household needed, and get the sleep my body desperately craved.  But of course it was an important work day full of meetings for the hubby, so I was on my own.  Jackson was already in a deep sleep so I moved to my own bed and luckily was able to get another hour and a half of hard, hard sleep before everyone awoke.

And surprisingly Jackson seems to be doing much better.  The worst seems to be past him and I am feeling brighter and more positive.  I still have a yucky stomach, but I pray that it doesn't get any worse- and most importantly, that little Owen doesn't get it.

This is the song that kept me company last night.  I heard it last week and now can't seem to get it out of my head.  I have already ordered it from the library so I can listen to it on repeat as often as I like :)  I have a strong feeling this is an album I will be purchasing for sure.  LOVE.

No comments: