Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Menu Planning

With me being home full time now I really want to see what ways I can really contribute in our budgeting.  Since I do 99% f the cooking and grocery shopping, this is a logical place to start.  I have decided to start doing menu planning as a way of saving money and reducing waste.  My friend Adrianne does this, and to be honest, at first when I saw her list on the fridge it seemed a little strange.  But the more I thought about it, the more it made perfect sense.  That way when you go grocery shopping you buy the necessities (milk, juice, bread, eggs, etc.) and then you buy what is on the menu for the week (two weeks, or how ever you want to menu plan for).  Since I am just starting, I am just going to do a week at a time.  I am not going to plan what day we are to eat what, and if I want to change things up and do something else I will.  It is my list, after all!  We shall see how it goes!  Last week was Week One, this is our list from last week and this week as well....


Week of August 8-14
Cheese Burgers and Corn on the Cob
Turkey Tacos with Refried Beans
Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Baked Pasta
Zucchini Fritters and Panko Parmesan Chicken Strips
Chicken Fried Rice with Potstickers
Variety of different Crostini (cooking with friends tonight, so each girl is bringing a different part of the meal)

Week of August 15- 21
BLT and Corn on the Cob
Mozzarella a la Caprese with Pasta Primavera
Heuvos Rancheros and Refried Beans (or black beans)
Zucchini Pizza and Green Salad
Ravioli and Tomato, Cucumber, Feta Salad
Cabbage and Noodles with Pork Chops
Baked Eggs in Tomatoes, Green Beans and Herby Garlic Toast

No comments: