Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Someone needs to teach this kid a bit of patience already!

33 weeks, overlooking the falls at Grand Pacific Junction, Olmsted Falls 

As I mentioned in my last post, sunday night I experienced those regular, timable contractions- ouchy, annoying and a bit troublesome. But luckily after that hour they subsided. I've been feeling good since so I figured I must have just overdone it or something.

Well last night I was admitted into Labor and Delivery because yet again I was having regular contractions, cramping and back pain. I am only 33 weeks so this is way too early for this little guy to come yet!! They hooked me up for a non-stress test on the baby, and thankfully he was doing just fine- nice strong heartbeat and moving like wild. I am dilated 1cm, but they said that isn't uncommon for women who have had children before. I was continuing to have regular, strong contractions so they gave me a shot to stop them and it looks like I didn't move into the Preterm Labor category since I didn't dilate any farther after 7 hours of contractions. I was finally discharged 3 1/2 hours later and sent home at midnight.

We'll see what my OB says this morning, but so far I am to take it easy, and just keep an eye on things. Hopefully this is all just a little "fluke" and it won't happen again. So if you could please pray for this little guy to hold on at least 4 more weeks so he can get nice and fat that would be wonderful. And also that there isn't bedrest in my future. How on earth does one do that with a 3 1/2 year old?!!

***Update
Waking this morning the contractions havn't started back up, and I feel my same old self.  Such a relief!  My appointment went just fine this morning.  Owen had a nice, strong heartbeat at 165.  I am still measuring ahead on my fundal height- 34 1/2 (should be 33).  Dr. O'Neill told me she will probably have me get an ultrasound in a few weeks just to make sure he isn't a huge baby.  Other then that she sent me away with a good bill of health.  I need to keep an eye on things of course and call her the moment anything happens again (many prayers they wont!) But I can resume life as I know it.  Definitely excellent news.  



1 comment:

jess said...

oh dear! hold tight baby!!!