Thursday, July 7, 2011

Oh my goodness, life has just been HAPPENING!

I don't know about all of you but life is just good these days.  Summer is in full bloom; my boys are growing, busy and so very, very happy.  There is a lot of joy going on in our household lately.  And you know what, it has everything to do with our new little Owen.  He was every bit the missing piece that our little family needed.  I don't think I have ever in all my life met a happier, more peaceful or more content little baby.  If you have spent any time with this little guy you would notice that he is the quite observer.

 a happy Owen, 5 months old

He takes in everything around him, while just waiting patiently for you to make eye contact with him.  Once that happens forget it- your heart has now melted from the ear to ear smile he just blessed you with.  As he is growing more and more independent, studying all that is around him, he is truly finding his "voice".  He isn't quite as quiet as he used to be, but he is definitely Mr. Mellow.  He let's the world roll off of his shoulders- very much as I would love to be able to do from time to time. Owen is so much like his Daddy, it is amazing.  I look at the boys and although I see Scott in Jackson's ever changing and growing features- his personality is me through and through!  It is like deja-vu at times.  And our Owen, my little face twin is his father's son.  I see those personality traits that my Scottie possesses- those same ones that made me fall in love with him, right here in my littlest guy.

6 months old

It is amazing how you forget those super early days with your first child.  I am so glad I wrote everything down with Jackson, because I am loving going back and reading all the firsts he had, when they happened and looking how Owen compares.  They might be brothers, but their personalities are so different.

my wish- they will always love each other this much. Or more.  

When it comes to hitting milestones the boys have been pretty much right on track with each other.  Jackson was an early developer and I see Owen is very much the same.  I think a lot has to do with the fact that they just don't want to be left behind.  Jackson as a baby was determined to be able to do whatever it was that his big cousins Anna and Sophie could do.  And now we hear Owen loudly protesting when he works so hard to get to where the action is, just to be left behind when one of us walks into another room.  I can almost hear "Hey!!  Wait up guys!!" come from his lips.  He is constantly reminding us- I will not be left behind!


Sweet angels, you two have a place in my heart- in my soul, that could never, ever be left behind.

3 comments:

CAjohnsonfamily said...

What a blessing your little ones are! Family is priceless!

Unknown said...

Great pictures!
Your kids are so cute!!!
Big wonderful eyes, red cheeks, shiny blod hair... Real angels ^_^
You really must be a happy mummy!

Cheers from a Tori-fan from Athens.
Love! <3
Lydia

Amie said...

Thank you both so much! My boys are my life and I wouldn't want it any other way :)