Thursday, February 14, 2008

Jackson gave Mommy a broken toe!

This morning Jackson and I were over at my neighbor Laura's house for a little play date with another girlfriend and her children. About 10 minutes into getting there Jackson, walking into the kitchen to show me his prize- a very heavy children's toy, promptly dropped it to the floor and it landed squarely on my second toe. Instantly I felt the pain shoot up my foot. The instant pain actually brought me to my knees and I had to sit down right away. I have broken a toe two other times in my life, so I knew that is what happened without even looking at it. Laura gave me an icepack and we just hung out for a bit- I was just hoping that I was wrong and that the pain would eventually subside.

Once it was time for Jackson's nap, we headed back home. But since there was quite a bit of snow outside I wore my winter lace-up boots. It was excruciating! As soon as I got home I investigated- sure enough, my toe is swollen, bruised and no pressure can be put on it. Unfortunately there is really nothing that can be done for a broken toe unless it is misaligned. I just buddy taped it, took some Motrin and hope it won’t cause me too much pain tonight at work! Wish me luck- OUCH!

No comments: