Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Did you know your nose has holes in it....

....the EXACT size of your fingers? Well, Mr. Jackson just discovered this very fact! And he has been showing us every day since the discovery. Luckily he hasn't discovered that there is anything up there to dig out- YET. I have to say it is pretty darn funny. He gives you this sly grin, his "I'm a little troublemaker smile" and slowly puts his finger into his nose. Then he starts laughing so hard, for he finds himself incredibly hilarious. I know I shouldn't encourage it, but you honestly can't help but laugh. He already has such a sense of humor about life and does the silliest things. All day long he has me laughing.

The other afternoon he just didn't want to nap. After 20 minutes of walking and bouncing I just laid him in his crib for "Mandatory Quiet Time". I walked out of his room and settled down to read some of my book for Book Club.

Mr. Jackson just did not want to sleep. I went ahead and let him play in his crib for a good 45 minutes. He was having a heck of a good time, so I didn't need to interrupt it. Although I was getting more and more frustrated knowing he NEEDED the nap, and knowing that we were approaching the time when it was either sleep or not because it was getting too late in the day. I finally went back in there to try and settle him down one last time. I picked him up and tried to calm him down. He was wiggling, and giggling. I said to him firmly "No Jackson! This is not playtime this is naptime. You need to sleep." And what did I get in return....he broke into the biggest fit of giggles you have ever seen. I was obviously sooooo hilarious! Here I am trying to be so stern, but how can you when he is so happy and innocent?! Veteran Moms out there, how in the heck did you do it?! I finally gave in and just let him get out of bed and play. I just figured he would crash early. Which I was right- he was in bed and asleep by 6:30!

I've decided we gave birth to a silly, silly monkey!

No comments: