Thursday, May 31, 2007

10 Little Piggies

Jackson found his feet today! We have been working with him for a little while introducing his feet to him; wiggling them around, putting them up to his mouth, etc. Whenever you would put them to his mouth he would get such a kick out of it, smiling and laughing. And today he finally grabbed them himself and put them right up to suck on his toes! Now that he has found them, he thinks they are so cool. He definately favors his right foot so far- maybe he will be a righty? Either that or it just tastes better :)

Today was my first day home with Jackson after leaving Emerald Performance. It was such a lovely day. We leasurly woke up and had our milky breakfast (I had coffee and cereal with mine). Then we played a while in his gym, batting toys and gazing at ourselves in the mirror. It was such a beautiful morning, I decided to strap Jackson on in his Bjorn and do a little gardening. The weeds around our house are absolutly insane, and I am so excited to finally have the time to get them all under control. I thought I would first tackle the patch of land that is by our patio so it would finally look nice while you are sitting out there. There is a little wall there which made it a perfect place to work with Jackson in tow. I sat myself down and Jackson got completely worn out watching me pull weeds and throw them in a pile, pull weeds and throw them in a pile- head going back and forth the whole time. After lots of yawning, I layed him down for his nap and headed back outside to finish what I started. There is still a lot to do, but boy what a difference it already makes! After pulling out tons of grasses and weeds I even uncovered a little strawberry patch, rosey red strawberries already forming. They are so cute!

Tomorrow my parents are coming over to help me create my herb garden. I am so excited! For the past few years I have just had a little portable herb garden since we have just been renting. This will be my first REAL garden- a true token of homeownership. It is so cool. I will post pictures to show it off once it is all finished.

Well all this fresh air has worn me out so I think I am going to hit the sack a little early. This way I will be well rested for my big gardening day tomorrow.

Have a nice night!

No comments: