Sunday, May 6, 2007

One Week of Maternity Leave Left

Wow, I knew it was going to be hard to go back to work. However, I never could have anticipated how hard it actually would be. I have spent every single day so closely with Jackson for the past 11 weeks- I cannot imagine not having that same closeness with him. I am going to miss him more than anything. I am just so very sad. I do not even want to think about it! .....so enough about that.....


Ok, on to Jackson cuteness! He is getting sooooo big! I can hardly believe how much he has grown. Every single day he does something new, something cuter then ever. Now he is getting so playful. I put him in his gym and he bats at the toys, studies himself in the mirror and laughs the whole time. He has favorite toys now too. He just loooooves the horsy toy in his gym. There are four different toys, all brightly colored, but the horse is the one he gives the most attention too. He has also really taken to this stuffed bear that the body is a little blanket. It is silky on one side and super soft on the other. You give it to him and he snuggles right up with it. He likes to rub the soft side on his face and sucks on it sometimes too. Now even if he gets fussy, you give him the bear and he calms right down. It is so precious seeing him snuggly like that!

Jackson has become super vocal too. I love hearing his voice and all of the sweet noises he makes. You can have these cute little "conversations" with him. I just can't get enough!

This week I will be doing my best to make the most of this last week with my little prince; soaking up our entire special one on one time. I know I will look back so fondly of this Mommy and Baby Time. What an amazing experience this has been!

No comments: