Monday, September 20, 2010

31 Week Doctor's Appointment

Last Tuesday my mom and Jackson went along with me to my doctor's appointment.  I wanted my mom to be able to share in hearing Owen's heartbeat.  It was so neat seeing my mom's face when the nurse put the doppler on my tummy.  That is one of the coolest, most special ways of connecting to an unborn baby.  I never tire of hearing it!

The appointment went wonderful.  Owen's heartbeat was loud and strong at 145.  I am still measuring one week ahead on my fundal height. But Dr. O'Neill was fine with that.  Looks like that is just how we roll over here.  And to be honest, if I end up delivering one week ahead of schedule I will be perfectly fine with that!

We are now headed to the finish line.  I go back for my next appointment in two weeks!  Two weeks after that, I go for one more appointment and then I begin going in once a week!!!  How has this moved so fast? I can hardly believe it.  But goodness am I ready.  Not that this pregnancy has been bad or anything.  I still love being pregnant.  (Sciatica and everything...) But I am ready to move into the next stage of our life.  I am excited about becoming a family of four.  I look forward to nursing again, to that wonderful new-baby smell in our house.  I am excited about watching Jackson grow into brotherhood, and see him mature as a little person.  Sure there will be some difficult times ahead.  But my support system is stronger then ever.   And I can do this.  We can do it.

Life is awesome and I can't wait to add even more beauty into it.

No comments: