Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ugh, Sleepless Nights Already?

Last night was a rough one.  I get so, so sleepy in the evenings these days. Come 8:30 and I can hardly keep my eyes open any longer.  Well, last night was an exception. Sure I was tired, at least my body was.  But my head I couldn't turn off.  I wasn't contemplating anything exciting, just couldn't settle myself down enough to fall asleep.  So what does one do in times like these... watch America's Next Top Model and who knows how many Law & Order: SVU's I watched back to back.  They had a marathon and it was easier then flipping the station to find something else.  Blah.

Owen has shifted lower in my belly and boy, can I feel it!  It is uncomfortable to sit at a 90 degree angle for more then a few minutes without feeling like I am breaking him in-half inside of me.  Finally 1:00 rolled around and I just figured I needed to get to sleep considering Jackson will be up soon enough.  I could at least try and let sleep take me.  Well it didn't.  Between that enormous full Harvest Moon shining directly on my pillow, my bed feeling like it was made of plywood, and Owen putting tons of pressure on my belly sleep didn't come until after 2:30. And then it was a constant toss-and-turn-and-look-at-the-clock night.  I probably only got like an hour here, a half hour there, etc.

My sweet friend Kelly reminded me that it is my body's way of preparing me for sleepless nights once Owen comes, and how worth it it will be.  She is so true, and I feel bad being a whiner.  But it sure isn't fun while you are in the midst of it!

No comments: