Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Zoo Fun and Even Some Dinosaurs!!

Last week I met up with my sister, our friend Mary and all the little kiddos at the zoo.  It was an absolutely perfect day, weather-wise and wanted to take advantage of it while we still can.  Due to the older ones coming home from school, we couldn't make it a very long visit- just long enough to get the kids tuckered out.

Monkey's looking at monkey's....

We were almost ready to head home, when I realized that the Dinosaurs were going to be leaving this coming weekend and not coming back for quite a while.  Well this is one of Jackson's most favorite parts of the zoo, so I decided to take him for one last look.  Just me and him.

He was sooooooo excited!  Honestly, words can not describe his excitement.  We had to look at all of them of course, but there is one guy in particular that Jackson had his eye out for.... Sharp Tooth.


The mean, and nasty T-Rex.  What can I say, Jackson loves his bad guys!  He was dying to have his picture taken with him, but he didn't want to get too close.  We had to walk on the opposite side of the dinosaurs, you see.... So I told him to go stand on a leaf that was in the middle of the walkway.  He looked over at it, looked back at me, back at Sharp Tooth and then noticed right in front of me was a leaf on the ground.  "How about this leaf Mommy?"  Perfect, honey.


Then we noticed Spike (you have seen The Land Before Time, right?  Oh goodness, if you haven't go and rent it!  Such a sweet animated movie all about Dinosaurs.  A HUGE favorite in our house...)  Anyways, so we saw Spike.   Since Spike is a nice dinosaur, Jackson agreed to go a little bit closer for a picture with him.


Toward the end we came to this guy that has a body like a T-Rex, but a mouth like a Crocodile.  He was pretty cool looking.  Jackson really liked him- he actually got pretty close to this one!  He is called a Suchomimus.  We found a really neat guy at the gift shop on our way out and I just had to get it for him.  Yeah, I was a bit of a sucker like that.  Can't help it!  Aside from his construction toys, dinosaurs are a huge favorite these days.

Jackson and the Suchomimus

Then at the very end they have a dinosaur that you can pose on to have your picture taken.  Jackson decided he could do this since "It's OK Mommy, he isn't real 'cause he has no legs."

"I was really brave, wasn't I Mommy?!" 

It was a really great day, and so fun to do something special- just me and him.  I love this Little Man so much I think I feel my heart stretch larger each and every day.  

No comments: