Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tree Climbers

Back in August, we all spent the afternoon at my parents home, enjoying dinner and of course wonderful company.  There is a tree in their yard that defines my childhood.  I lived in this thing.  I loved it as The Boy in The Giving Tree.  Twenty-some years later and the tree is still standing, sure she is missing a few limbs that I would dangle off of and use to hoist myself higher and higher in her boughs, but she is still lovely.  And the kids are drawn to her just as I was.  

Isn't she lovely....

I can not stop looking at this large picture of Jackson.  He looks so very, very much like Scott did as a boy.  The older Jackson is becoming, the more and more like his Daddy he is looking.  It really is neat.  

These little ones are growing at a rapid rate, and I want it to stop.  I'm so not ready.  

No comments: