Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Captain Underpants


OK, so here it is-  Real Deal potty training has begun!  I have finally decided that it is just time to start up again.  Only this time we are really doing it!  No more messing around, no more doing it half way.  We've tried Pull-Ups, and for Jackson they just don't work.  They are the same as diapers as far as he is concerned, and uses them as such.  So we needed to pull out the real guns.  Big Boy Underpants time!  We have decided that there are going to be no more diapers except at bedtime- and here is where my job comes in for I know that consistency is key.  As hard and difficult as this is I need to stick with it and not give in.  It will only hurt him, not help him in the long run.

Yesterday was day one, and I think it was a pretty good day overall.  We had three in the potty and three accidents outside of the potty.  It is definitely a start.  The one thing that I was most nervous about was could I possibly be doing this a tad too soon.  Age-wise he is right around where he should be, he has all of the other signs like waking up from naps dry, very few wet diapers over the course of a day, not liking being in a dirty diaper, telling me when he is going to go potty.... but we encountered a new thing when we started potty training.  And that was as soon as he told me he had to go potty, he had a hard time controlling himself until he got to a potty to actually go.  The moment he told me he had to pee, he already had an accident.  We just couldn't get there fast enough.  But we are working through it, and I am determined that he can do this.  He just needs to learn some new tools he didn't have to know before.


The best news is he looooves his big boy underpants.  The first hour, he tried on every single pair he had to see which ones he liked best.  And he is thrilled that we are going to the store to be able to pick out the coolest ones he can find.  We have six pairs, and that clearly isn't going to be enough!!  I was a little nervous he wouldn't want to do it again and it would be a bit of a fight, but he woke up today excited and ready to put them on again.  We had one accident this morning.  But we kept trying and he was a great sport, constantly sitting on the potty and giving it a "go".  But unfortunately no go.  For some reason today he was ready and willing to sit on the potty but he had a fear of actually peeing in it.

Then this afternoon he had the beginning of another accident but was able to stop himself in the middle.  We sat on the potty for a reeeeaaaallllyyyyy long time, but he refused to go.  I decided to just take a little break and get some lunch going.  I didn't want to stress him out too much.  Well all of a sudden he jumped up, stated he had to go potty and ran to the bathroom.  "Stay there Mommy!" he yelled from the bathroom.  Two minutes later he comes running back into the kitchen screaming "I did it, I did it!!  Mommy I went pee-pee in the potty come look!"  And sure enough, this time it was for real, empty the bladder pee-pee!  Yay!!  He was soooooo excited, I got a huge hug and he was full smiles.  It was awesome.  He right away wanted to dump the potty into the big toilet and give it a flush.  We washed hands and then he just had to call Anna to tell her the exciting news.  And she was so awesome!  She was so excited for him, and by the end of the call he was walking on air.

Isn't this the cutest dupa you have ever seen?!  

This is exactly what we both needed to know that he indeed was ready to do this.  I know this is only the beginning- but it is a great start and I am so proud of my Little Man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you please bring your son to my apartment tonight please so I can get him completely naked before me and him have sex with each other’s private parts and then I will lay him down on his back so that my penis is touching his penis and then when I get down with letting my penis touching his penis and then I will flip him over and then I will lay him on his stomach so he can feel my penis right up on his buttocks so that he can feel my warm white cum onto his buttocks and then I will sit on my bed and then I will grab his penis and then I will put my mouth on his penis and suck on his penis while he is touching my penis so that he can hold my penis and I can hold his penis and then I’ll put my fingers in his buttocks to

Anonymous said...

https://xcu79aef.cc/invite/i=2164