Friday, June 4, 2010

First Gender Dream and Big Ultrasound Scheduled!!

So for the last two weeks or so I have been suffering with what I thought was just bad allergies, just to find out on Tuesday that was indeed a sinus infection- ugh!  I have been so congested and miserable.  Definitely not fun.  Thank goodness I was able to get some antibiotics from my doctor and today I am starting to finally feel like a real person again.  On Saturday night I went to bed feeling really bad. I popped two Benedryl and off to snoozeland I went.  And on came the wild dreams!

I had a dream that I was so sick I needed to go to the ER so I could have a chest x-ray.  While I was laying on the x-ray table, the technician told me, well since you are here do you want to see if we can tell the sex of your baby?  I of course said sure, and immediately the x-ray table became an ultrasound room.  She put the goop on my belly and started looking around.  All of a sudden she shrieks and says "Congratulations Mommy, you are having a little boy!".  And then i woke up.  It was such a vivid dream.... almost seemed real, aside from the magical changing of rooms and stuff. hahaha.

Well the great news is that we won't have long to wait!  I made the BIG APPOINTMENT to determine the sex of our little avocado.  We go in at 9:45 on Monday, June 14th! Only 10 days away!!!!  Yayyayayayay!   So what are all of your guesses?!!

Jackson is very excited about becoming a big brother.  Every day it changes as to which he would rather have, a baby sister or a baby brother.  Last night at the library he picked out a Berenstein Bears book,The New Baby and we have already read it 4 times today.  He loves how Mama Bear's tummy is big like mine.  And also how Small Bear loves becoming Brother Bear.  He said that Sister Bear was cute when she was a baby.

Jackson loves to tell us what he is going to teach the baby how to do when it is born.  At first it starts out serious and sweet.  Like "I am going to teach the baby not to spit out food." or "I am going to teach the baby how to line up cars and play with swords."  And then he starts to get silly...."Mommy, I am going to teach the baby not to eat hairdryers!"  And then he laughs and laughs.  Always the comedian. So far no real jealousy yet.  Wait and see Little Man, your life is going to change unlike you could ever believe!!!

No comments: